Tuesday 19 July 2011

A Hair Treatment to remember

Hello world.... Well not really as i don't yet have any followers yet haha :) I haven't yet worked out how to link my blog to my facebook page but atleast when people do discover me they will have something to read :)

Well after our busy afternoon of mother daughter cooking, Pie got to try the delicious stewed apples for her sunday breakfast, which lead to a very upsert tummy and that lead to my late Sunday afternoon 'spew shampoo'.
 As a new stay at home Mum with a 4.5month old and a husband currently out of work, its been a while since I could afford a nice hair treatment or even a hair cut with the apprentice giving me a shampoo before hand... This was not a nice replacement! Nor was having my Mum wash the top of my hair in cool water in her bathroom sink. My lovely husband was able to control his laughter long enough to take Pie and ask my brother to "Quick, grab the camera! We need a photo of this!" (I won't be sharing it here, don't worry!), while I lay on the couch in a pool of vomit saying repeatedly "I don't know what to do!" as I felt it dribbling though my thick mop of hair and onto my scalp. My sister handed me a tissue! Fortunately, I can now look back and laugh too. Unfortunately we didn't capture it on video to share with the world (or send to Funniest home videos!)
Monday was spent discovering Pinterest and becoming seriously addicted!!! Our little Pie wouldn't sleep so we ended up packing her up in the pram and heading out for a family walk in the morning. The afternoon was spent pinning things to my pinterest boards! Seriously, the whole afternoon! If you haven't yet discovered it I'm seriously recomending you do right now (well finish reading this first!) Basically you get virtual cork boards and you 'pin' photos from all sorts of places on the web to them. For example I have a 'My Little Pie Board' and everytime I find something I want to buy or make for Pie I 'pin' it to the board so I can then find it easily and others can find the awesome things I've found too and pin them to their own board if they like. I've got like 9 boards on the go right now - my fave recipes, recipes I'd like to try, nappy things, my favourite things, home ideas, crafts to try, awesome tips and ideas etc etc. You can go check them out at https://pinterest.com/jodstar . Monday night I watched Can of Worms which I'm really liking and made awesome dairy free chocolate cake and cupcakes for the week. Pie is a little dairy intolerant so I have to avoid it or she gets a very upset tummy, so I'm discovering lots of good dairy free recipes. If you want the recipe its on my pinterest board :) https://pinterest.com/mcnlovers/cooking-up-a-storm/
Today was mothers group day which is always nice and I got to see a bub from my anti natal class, Pie was first born in class and this little bub was the last born :) We got a photo of them together, Pies about 6 weeks older but only half a kg bigger, she's a little Pie, my girl <3
After mothers group was grocery shopping time which is so much easier now that we're meal planning! We also got Pie a gorgeous little tunic for next year that I've been wanting for ages from target, but thought it was too much to pay for something she wouldn't really get much wear out of. today it was reduced in the winter sales to $10 with tights, YAY! And I've got a lovely photo collection planned for it :) I'd love a better camera but am making do with what I've got :) I love photos and our poor little Pie constantly has my mobile or camera pointed at her! Speaking of pinterest, I even set up a whole board of photo ideas too! Did I mention how much I am LOVING pinterest???

2 comments:

  1. hello, i found your blog (through fb) although i am not a member of the fb group, blogging is more my thing and i spend more time on here, so decided to support you on your bloggy adventures... it's a crazy world, this blogging thing - before you know it you too will be sucked in :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) My first follower :) Welcome!

    ReplyDelete