Saturday 30 July 2011

Craft organisation + recycling = This


You know those plastic snap lock bags that PJs and rompers and the like come in??? As shown on the left of the above photo?? Well after buying Pie some new PJs I had quite a few of them to get rid of but then I thought of a handy new way to use them :)

I've got lots of craft projects on the go, I've got maybe 6 pairs of ruffley bloomers cut out to sew up, bonnets to put together, bibs that I've appliqued and are waiting to have the final embellishments added etc. So after removing all cardboard and stickers from the PJ packaging I'm left with a very handy snap close plastic pouch which has a hanger attached to it!!! I've now got all my seperate projects neatly stored and I can easily grab one during my nap time crafting, work on it while Miss Pie cat naps and then put it all back together in its bag and hang it up in the craft cabinet before Pie has a chance to do her 'I'm awake now' scream :) Good for the environment, good for keeping my teeny tiny crafting space neat and organised and good for my budget too! For bigger projects use the packaging from grown up PJs, lots of things come in these bags and rather than letting them end up in landfill, keep them in a draw ready to be put to good use :)

Oh and for safety reason I used a hole punch on the bottom of the bag to ensure it wouldn't be a suffocation hazard if Pie got her hands on it in a few months time.

No comments:

Post a Comment