Tuesday 6 December 2011

The Xmas Advent Adventures 2011 Day 3 - 7

Hello World!

Day 3: Put up the outside lights - still need to do that, its been raining!!!

Very simple, we also have a light garland that says
Merry Christmas too. They get the message out
tho - Merry Christmas to you, from us!



Day 4: Add your special decoration to the tree...

Now you will have all seen the baby Piper and the Canberra Raiders decs on our tree - I got a bit eager and added them to the tree when we put it up - wooooops! But we did get some very special ornaments in the post on day 4 so we added them instead:

K is for Kev

J is for Jodi

And P is for Pie :)

thank you Amy for the beautiful gift! You have no idea how much it means to me to get something so special in the mail!

Day 5 : Write and send the Xmas cards:

This is still a work in progress 2 days later!
Cards from vista print, photos of Pie by my sis!
And before we moved on to the next day Pie and I enjoyed 5 minutes under the xmas tree:

Seeing the lights up through the branches of the tree is pretty
magical, you definately should try it! Pie loved it!

Day 6 : Unwrap something special from your stocking!

As unwrapping is a little tricky and I didn't want the something
special to get damaged I just put it in her stocking!

A Mr Men Christmas book - Yay!

Reading the back to see what the books about!

Really enjoying the story!

And finish off with a bit of showing off to the camera!

AND a bit more!

Day 7 : Visit Santa!

Heading towards the Santa circus - how cute are those volleys!
 We couldn't take any photos at the Santa exhibit because apparently the meaning of Christmas is the $17 they want you to spend on a Santa photo and therefore cameras and mobile phones are banned. I didn't want to cause any probs by taking pics of the face she gave Santa but it was a good one! We don't want a Santa photo because a) Piper really doesn't like the guy much - when he waved to her today she wiggled back in her stroller and gave him the stink eye - and he was a good 15 metres away, and b) I'd prefer our christmas photos to be ones of our happy smiling, crazy bub, not of her terrified sitting on the lap of a stranger! So we just went over close, I gave him a wave, she gave him a death stare and we continued on our way. If she's keen to go near Santa I'll certainly do it, but so far, she isn't!!! We did run in to Mrs Clause tho and she gave us....

A Gingerbread man tattoo!!!
Not sure if Pie will be getting a temp tattoo this Xmas tho.



And here are a few more snaps of our day cos I'm in the mood for photos:

Pie wasn't too impressed when I busted her
doing some sort of dance in the backseat today!

But I got a pic from the other side and she
was far less cranky!

And ofcourse, the new crazy smile!!
(how do I rotate photos on here???)

A very tired Mummy and her gorgeous Pie xo

And here is a page from the special photo book
I had made for Piper for Xmas!

Dancing to Aunty Sharni's music on Nanny's
table - this girl loves pop!

Then we got a special parcel from Mary-Beth when we got home

Daisy Duck rocks Xmas!

Straight in the mouth - clearly gets the Piper seal
of approval! Thanks Kel xox

Oh and one from earlier this week - the only time its been hot
enough to rock her xmas dress I made!!!
Jodi xo

6 comments:

  1. She is such a cutie...this is going to be a very special Christmas for you both :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its the most excited for xmas that I have ever been! I must saying, being a Mum makes just about everything more wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure does....except for food shopping, that just get's more expensive LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. But you've had me thinking about my first Christmas as a mum 18 years ago...Sky was only 6 months old so she wasn't even remotely interested but I was soooo excited I couldn't even sleep! I even remember what we bought her...a baby gift pack of rattles and the cutest pair of size 0 pyjamas I had ever seen :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I was going to say Pies not too expensive to feed yet but yes she is! she has to have special formula and special yoghurt, if we buy baby food for out and about she only eats the expensive ones (cos the cheap ones are either full of apple (which makes her sick) or she doesnt like them!) AND half of her food ends up on the floor too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww - how awesome :) I've got Pie some toys (because she doesnt have any big bub toys yet!!!)and books and we got her a little bike with the baby harness and long handle to take walking (which im sure will be much easier to push than the tank of a 2nd hand walking pram we own :) I have to get them off laybuy sometime!

    ReplyDelete