Saturday 26 November 2011

Bring on the festive season!!!

Hello world,

Time for a lazy craft blog to help you do all the projects I've been doing this past week and the theme is CHRISTMAS!!!! All of a sudden, this week I've found my christmas spirit and I'm getting quite excited for sharing my baby girls first Christmas with her! This entry has also got some info about the Xmasy shopping we've done lately too!

For a first christmas we need a christmas wardrobe and thats what this particular blog is about:

So the first part of my little cutie Pies wardrobe is a rocking xmas tee-dress!

I've dicussed how to do these in the Budget Mummy blog but briefly:

  • Get a tshirt a couple of sizes too big - Pipers just about an 0 and this is a size 3 boys t-shirt. 
  • Cut the sleeves off cutting right next to the stitching line and then cut straight across the top of the tee shirt to cut the neck of the shirt off - I curve mine slightly around the neck but you can cut straight across and it will still turn out beautifully. 
  • Edge the new arm holes with bias binding - I used a red satin to make it pretty and christmasy but you can use whatever - you can get bias binding in metalics, prints, satins, mattes and all sorts of colours. If your really feeling it you can also make your own - check this tutorial for more info. 
  • Now after you've edged the sleeve holes you can either do what I've done with this one - slightly gather the front and then edge it with bias binding (leaving excess for tying it up at the shoulders) and gather th back tighter and edge it with bias binding (and extra for tying) too or you can treat it like a pillow case dress, fold over the top to make a hem, thread ribbon through and tie it up like that :) 
  • Ta-da, one unique christmas dress thats perfect for play time!
 The 2nd part of Piper's christmas wardrobe is a reindeer apliqued singlet:



I used this awesome blog tutorial for this - I copied the reindeer stencil, stitched it onto a singlet, added a lace bow and matching lace cap sleeves (which I have stitched down since this photo and will add another photo of later - didnt like the way the lace was sticking up!) and we're in business.

Part 3 of Pipers Christmas wardrobe:

Christmas nappies (and no, not huggies xmas print sposies - real nappies of course!)

Now I have made her 1 nappy so far and have plans to make another one or two but her special christmas nappies are:

The Seedling Baby Red Nappy

and

The Seedling Baby Green nappy! These two are currently together in a special xmas pack for $30 which is rediculous (these nappies retails at $28ea!).
 
I picked mine up from Rascal Rumps and if you don't know how good seedling baby sizeless pocket nappies are then you should really read my blog more often!



AND

The Itti Bitti limited edition Galaxy print (love! also from Rascal Rumps)



(you may have also noticed Pie wearing a red minky Baby Beehinds AI2 petite above - this will be getting a work out with our xmas wardrobe of course)

AND I am seriously considering getting one of these gorgeous WAHM made AI2s from the lovely Cassie at Itty Bitty Bums - even tho I really don't need it - but its so pretty and I LOVE Cassie's nappies!!!!! This one if $19.95 and there are only 2 left! (But I could go the xmas heart or the candy cane AI2 if this one sold out!)


Now Part 4 is Christmas baby legwarmers! My Pie is a bit of a shorty in the legs department (like her Mummy) and I'm yet to find any baby legwarmers that fit so I've been desperately (and with no luck!) searching for cute xmas socks to turn into baby socky legs like in my previous blog but instead have settled with:










The red ones which I got on ebay last year (they still dont really fit her but aren't they pretty!) and as luck would have it the other day I won a pair of these green ones from Cloth Nappies on facebook! So baby legs are now sorted. Though I am also loving the xmas baby leg warmers I'm seeing at "all about bub" - they've also got cute xmas ruffley nappy covers on the way too if you're looking for a pretty nappy cover!

And since we've got babylegs I was thinking Pie would really rock this look:

So I'd need a cute headband - sorted thanks to Gemma Joy

A cute (short sleeved cos I don't want to over heat my girl!) festively decorated top (which I made from a red tshirt and inspiration gained from this adorable photo floating around on Pinterest

and a tutu - I made mine white tulle tied on a piece of vintage red lace to tie it up with and its much shorter than the one pictured in the tutorial link cos who knows, Pie might start crawling this holiday season!

Next part of Pie's xmas wardrobe is *gasp* store bought and *dramatic pause* from Aldi! Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere online so will have to get a pic of Pie in it sometime soon :) Its a white dress with a tiered skirt with silver stars on it - she will be wearing this to our Mummy's group xmas party, shopping etc!

And the final part of her Christmas Wardrobe is a dress made by Mummy (me, not my Mummy) which I'm still working on (well still thinking about working on actually but I've got some inspiration and some gorgeous paisley print fabric from spotlights xmas fabric range so its on its way!)

I will add a few photos of Pie in her various outfits as they get worn so check back closer to Christmas and I would love to hear about any Christmas baby/kid wardrobe crafts that you've been working on too :)

Jodi xo

1 comment:

  1. OMG...yet again I want a girl!!!
    You are such a clever clever lady :D

    ReplyDelete