Tuesday 29 November 2011

Water fun

Hello world,

Its amazing how much fun the simple things can bring to a bub. And how wonderfully grounding enjoying the simple things with your baby can be. Today Pie and I played with her new water tray (a Granny present that couldn't wait til xmas!)

So excited by all the toys!


Pie has been a little nervous around water, she often takes a few sharp breaths when we put her in the bath or if the shower water runs over her face, she really didn't like the beach when we took her but I think it may have been the cold and the sounds that scared her most. Last weekend however she went swimming with her Dad in the pool at my parents place and once she was used to the cold she really seemed to enjoy herself BUT nowhere near as much as she enjoyed today.

Its funny how just tipping water out of a little bucket can be so satisfying. Pie wasn't too sure where to start - there was lots to look at in our little water tray! But once I showed her how she could tip the water out of the bucket and watering can they quickly became favourites! Pie would tip them up, the water would run down her arms and all over me and the play continued :)

Me and my gorgeous Pie!


I think I know what to get for stuffing fillers - some little cups that she can use to move the water around as the bucket is big and tricky to fill for a little person!

I'm sure this is a pretty boring blog BUT today I was reminded of how wonderful being a Mum is and how lucky I am to have this wonderful little person in my life! So I'm blogging to remind myself to cherish these moments even more than I already do and to make time to make simple memories!

Hi Mum, don't I look cute in my tie dye singlet
(thanks for the freebie Rascal Rumps!!!)
 Piper also discovered the pure joy of sucking the water off my hands and out of the watering can but I didn't catch a shot of that ;)

What fun simple play do you and your kids enjoy?

jodi xo

2 comments:

  1. Grub has always been a water baby...well almost always, He hated his baths when he was tiny but that was okay cause once we got home from the hospital I just showered him with me and he LOVED it, at one point it was the only way to settle him. He loves swimming bigtime!

    One of the things we do with the bigger kids is to play Majhong! kind of a Broun (my maiden name) family tradition...it turns into all kinds of bedlam but the kids love it...and so do we :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Sounds awesome Erin! Piper likes her showers too

    ReplyDelete